Breaking News: Tokyo Olympics Postponed For 1 Year

Unbelievable Facts Tue Mar 24 2020

credit: third party image reference

Tokyo Olympics have been Postponed for 1 year. Tokyo Olympics Games were postponed following meeting between Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and International Olympic Association President Thomak Baek on Tuesday. Games will now be held in the summer of 2021. credit: third party image reference

Earlier games were to be held from 24 July to 9 August this year. Japan and IOC had been consistently saying for the past few months that the games would start on July 24 as per the schedule. An important cabinet meeting was held on Tuesday at Prime Minister Abe's house. credit: third party image reference

Canada and Australia withdrew from the Games yesterday and said they would not send their players to the Games if the Tokyo Olympics were held between July 24 and August 9, as scheduled. Canada and Australia have even said that if these games are not postponed until 2021, then they will not participate.

credit: third party image reference

Canada had said - we demand to postpone the Olympic Games for a year. If the Olympics are postponed, we will fully support them. Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of athletes.

Economic Loss

credit: third party image reference

Since 2016, the IOC has raised $ 5.7 billion in revenue for the Tokyo Olympic 2020. 73 per cent of this came from media rights. The remaining 27 per cent came from sponsors. If the games are canceled, the IOC will have to return the amount. credit: third party image reference

Not only this, the IOC raises scholarships, education programs as well as funds from federations for athletes all over the world. Therefore, the games are postponed. These have not been canceled.

This article represents the view of the author only and does not reflect the views of the application. The Application only provides the WeMedia platform for publishing articles.
Powered by WeMedia

Join largest social writing community;
Start writing to earn Fame & Money